- Musical's 101 —comprehensive information about the American Musical Theater.
- Broadwayworld.com —listing of colleges that offer Musical Theater degrees.
- Stage Agent —database containing information on casting and roles.
- Playbill —current productions and casting.
- Contemporary Musical Theater —musicals written 2000-2015. Listed by category (legit, contemporary mix, pop/rock, world music, etc).
- Musical Theater Songs —repertoire database, monthly/yearly membership.
- Beckedorf, Dirk. Tomatis & Neurobiology, Bremen, Germany.
- Centre for Audio-Pycho-Phonology, St. Trudien, Belgium.
- Davis, Dorinni S. "The Tomatis Method," Excerpts from Sound Bodies Through Sound Therapy.
- Doidge, Norman. "A Bridge of Sound: The Special Connection Between Music and the Brain," The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasiticity, 2015. Chapter 8 features the work of Paul Madaule at the Listening Centre in Toronto, Canada.
- Hurley, Susan. Singers and Sound: An Introduction to Tomatis-Based Listening Training, 2012. Hurley's doctoral dissertation pulls together the many strands of research on Tomatis' method and its effectiveness in regard to singing.
- The Listening Centre, Toronto, Canada.
- Listening Therapy and the Tomatis Effect
- Madaule, Paul. "Listening and Singing," Journal of Singing, May/June 2001.
- Madaule, Paul. "The Tomatis Method for Singers and Musicians," An excerpt from About the Tomatis Method.
- Madaule, Paul. When Listening Comes Alive, 1994; Ebook.
- Madaule, The Power of Listening.
- Regush, Nicolas, The Listening Cure.
- Sollier, Pierre. Listening for Wellness: An Introduction to the Tomatis Method, 2005.
- Stillitano, Carmela. "The Effects of the Tomatis Method on the Artistic Voice," International Journal of Listening, 2016.
- Tomatis, Alfred A. The Conscious Ear, 1992; The Ear and Language, 1997; The Ear and the Voice: translated by Roberta Prada, Pierre Sollier, and Francis Keeping, 2004.
- Tomatis on VOICETALK: Historical Perspectives on the Art of Singing.
- Auditions Plus —audition information via Classical Singer Magazine.
- Opera Arias Database —excellent resource for operatic role and arias.
- The Aria Database — another resource for operatic roles and arias.
- Aria PDF Database —database with links to Classical Vocal Reprints.
- The Lied, Art Song, and Choral Texts Archive —translation and information of art song texts.
- IPA Source —detailed information on language pronunciation and diction.
- Classical Vocal Reprints —excellent resource for hard-to-find songs and scores. Highly recommended.
- Musictheory.net —what every singer needs to know.
- Neil Hawe’s “Learn to SightSing” website —expand your sight-reading skills using this site.
- Musical Terms —know your terms and the score.
- Sight-Singing with Liz Fleischer —excellent New York City based instruction re sight-singing.
- Sight Reading Factory—sight reading and sight singing practice.
- The National Association of Teachers of Singing —membership enables teachers and students to research the Journal of Singing, which contains articles and information on singing.
- The New York Singing Teachers Association —The first organization for singing teachers in America, NYSTA offers workshops, classes and a Professional Development Program.
- The American Guild of Musical Artists —union for soloists, choral artists, dancers, stage mangers and stage directors.
- Classical Singer —resource for singers without representation, with audition, magazine and convention information.
- The Voice Foundation —resourse for voice professionals devoted to research and education. The VF holds a yearly symposium in Philadelphia.
- Vocal Wisdom: Maxims of Giovanni Battista Lamperti, William Earl Brown. The teachings of the empirical school of Francesco Lamperti.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The Hermann Klein Phono-Vocal Method Based upon the Famous School of Manuel Garcia, by Hermann Klein with an introduction by Daniel James Shigo. Lost teachings from the García School of Singing.
- The Ear and the Voice, Alred A. Tomatis. A revolutionary view of the singing voice from the father of modern psychoacoustics.
- Bel Canto: A History of Vocal Pedagogy, James Stark. Well-written and researched overview of classical voice training.
- Singing and Imagination: A Human Approach to a Great Musical Tradition, Thomas Hemsley. Clear and lucid writing on the voice by a vocal descendant of García.
- Beyond Talent: Creating a Successful Career in Music, Angela Myles Beeching. Essential information for students who want to sing professionally.
- VOICETALK: Historical Perspectives on the Art of Singing. Comprehensive listing of historical vocal pedagogy texts for free download.
Music Scores & Sheet Music
- CD Sheet Music —classical sheet music.
- Score Exchange —digital sheet music.
- Sheet Music Plus —standards and contemporary music by key.
- Music Notes —standards and contemporary music.
- Historic American Sheet Music —songs in the public domain.
- Sheet Music Consortium —provides access to 22 collections and archives.
- Petrucci Music Library —scores and songs in the public domain.
- African American Sheet Music —digital collection of sheet music at Brown University.
- Virtual Sheet Music —classical, jazz and traditional music.
- Online Sheet Music —easy to use sheet music.
- My Rehearsal Pianist —personalized musical theater accompaniments.
- Piano Trax —musical theater piano tacks via Tom Griep.
- Your Accompanist: piano tracks for classical singers —the title says it all!
- Umbrian Serenades: Choral & Cultural Tastings in the Secret Corners of Europe —Choral ensemble founded by Paulo Faustini. Highly recommended.
- American Choral Directors Association —professional organization for choral conductors.
- ChoralNet —networking site for the global choral community.
- Chorus America Singer Network —website for the American choral community.
- Westminster Choir College —highly regarded undergraduate and graduate school for choral artists, conductors, solo singers, pianists and organists.
Other Links of Interest
- Vocal Ease: Songs from the Heart —bringing joy to senior audiences.
- New York Festival of Song —founded by Steven Blier and Michael Barrett, NYFOS presents top-drawer concerts of classical and contemporary song repertoire.
- CoOperative Program at Westminster Choir College —summer program for career-minded classical singers.
- The Business of Singing —career management software for the professional singer.
- NYC Performing Arts Spaces —use this site to find performance and rehearsal space in New York City. For quick reference see 244 Studios, Ripley Grier Studios, and Pearl Studios.
- Interactive Atlas of larynx by Ahmet Sinav, MD —see what happens in the larynx.